What are the advantages of cloud-based CRM?
CRM applications have long been available in two versions: online and on premises. Vendors and reseller partners will often help prospective customers decide which version is right for their business, weighing up the requirements and objectives of the individual organisation. There is little doubt, however, that cloud-based CRM is becoming the norm and that on-premises deployments are on the wane. The cloud has changed the fundamental nature of computing and how business gets done, and it will continue to do so through 2020, according to International Data Corporation market research.
IDC predicts that by 2020, clouds will stop being referred to as “public” and “private,” and ultimately they will stop being called clouds altogether. It will simply be the new way business is done and IT is provisioned. 
Cloud-based CRM leverages the benefits of the cloud to give your employees the flexibility to work the way they want, from wherever they want.
Cloud-based CRM enhances the producer experience:
- Cloud makes it easy for mobile sellers to sell from anywhere on any device at any time.
- Cloud delivers innovation and improvement more quickly and reliably to sellers.
- Cloud enables faster delivery of new enhancements, reduces the cost and time associated with training and facilitates adoption.
Cloud-based CRM provides greater agility:
- Cloud applications reduce the likelihood of coding and customisations that are hard to support and upgrade.
- Cloud SDK allows for configuration that is easily upgradable and supportable.
- Cloud empowers non-IT professionals to independently deliver system enhancements to drive productivity and simplicity for sellers.
- Cloud delivers improvements quickly to current sellers and new employees as they onboard.
- Cloud focuses business partner efforts on driving strategic value and improving producer experience instead of “keeping the lights on”.
- Cloud changes the support model and frees IT assets and budget to be spent more strategically.